Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Challenged

This is a poem about special people that sometimes we took for granted because they have limitations in doing things that we found easy in executing. We must treat them as persons not different from us.

Some say I am disabled,
But you know that isn't true.
I simply have a challenge
A little different from you.

My slight inconvenience, has taught me
Things they could not know.
Each obstacle is a victory,
Enabling me to grow.

I'm not really any different,
I cry, I laugh, I snore.
I don't want to be treated
As if I'm not a person anymore.

Out of good intentions,
People are afraid to let me try.
But sometimes I have to fall,
And sometimes I need to cry.

God gives me strength and dignity,
And the courage to be all I can be.
For He doesn't see me as disabled,
He just sees me as me.

by Leslie W. Ortega

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring poem! and it's something that we all have to ponder. A spiritual disability is far worse than a physical disability.

    Happy New Year! Novz

    ReplyDelete

Stay Connected With Free Updates

Subscribe via Email