Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shattered

The vase was knocked to the ground and shattered into many pieces. It was so badly broken that I was sure it could not be mended. But that vase was a very special vase and I knew that I didn't want to throw it away but that I had to fix it. I knew that I didn't have the skill to fix it but that perhaps an expert potter did. So I took the pieces to one and asked him if he could put the vase together again.


That vase was my life. I went to the Master Potter and said, "Why have You allowed me to be broken? I cannot be used by You now -- I am like the vase the potter rejected -- no good. Please let me die."

But the Master Potter had other plans. He said to me, "The vase cannot say to the potter -- 'why have you made me this way?'" (1) He said, "It is through your brokenness that I can use you. Now I can take the pieces and remold the vase and make it into what I want it to be."

He showed me that the broken pieces were guilt, shame, unforgiveness, fear of failure, fear of rejection, perfectionism. And He said, "I am going to transform these pieces into acceptance, love, forgiveness, peace, and excellence."

That made me hope again. But I was impatient because I wanted the process to be quick and easy and I wanted to be used by Him now. But I found that the process hurt very badly and sometimes I didn't think that I could bear the pain.

Again the Lord spoke to me and He said, "Be patient, My child. I have plans for you but you must wait for My timing. Right now I want to mend you and fill you so that when the time is right you can share with others that which I have given you. I know how badly you hurt but you must trust Me because 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'. (2) But I will lead you and guide you and if the way is too rough, I will carry you. Your job is just to follow."

To trust and surrender, often so very difficult and yet the only way that the vase can be repaired. "Help me, Lord, to yield my life to You, the Master Potter, so that You can reshape me and remake me into what You would have me to be so that I may be used by You."

Scriptures: (1) Romans 9:20-21 (2) Hebrews 13:5b

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

by Teresa A. Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected With Free Updates

Subscribe via Email