Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

'Me First' Mentality, The

Today, April 27, 2008, our pastor, Pastor Ed Borja, preached to us about the 'me first' mentality. The message was such a blessing to me because sometimes, we forget God in many aspects of our life. We do not go to church because we have a slight headache, we don't go soulwinning because it's raining, we don't sing during congregational singing because we just don't want to, we don't attend business meetings because it is not our convenient time at that moment... so many lapses that we are continually doing just because we always wanted to be at the best spot most of the time. And this end us up to be in practice of the 'me first' mentality.

But God told us to seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness. I have learned this morning that if we are called Christians then we really should be following Jesus Christ, and not us. There are moments of inconvenience, but this is all for the Glory and for the service to Jesus Christ our King and Savior.

At the time of invitation to the front, I prayed to God that He may touch my heart and help me overcome myself and be a more responsible and character molded servant. I am just a human, but that is not an excuse neither it be an option, i will always press on toward the mark of the high calling of God. To serve Him, as long as I have good use of the breath that God gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected With Free Updates

Subscribe via Email