Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

1 Corinthians 13 for Mothers

Here is a version of 1 Corinthians chapter 13 for mothers out there. I really enjoyed reading this and I do strongly agree with it.

  • If I keep my house immaculately clean, and am envied by all for my interior decorating, but do not show love in my family -- I am just another housewife.
  • If I'm always producing lovely things - sewing, art; if I always look attractive, and speak intelligently, but am not loving to my family -- I am nothing.
  • If I'm busy in community affairs, teach Sunday School, and drive in the carpool, but fail to give adequate love to my family -- I gain nothing.
  • Love changes diapers, cleans up messes, and ties shoes - over and over again.
  • Love is kind, though tired and frazzled.
  • Love doesn't envy another woman -- one whose children are "spaced" better, or in school so she has time to pursue her own interests.
  • Love doesn't try to impress others with my abilities or knowledge as as a mother.
  • Love doesn't scream at the kids.
  • Love doesn't feel cheated because I didn't get to do what I wanted to do today -- sew, read, soak in a hot tub.
  • Love doesn't lose my temper easily.
  • Love doesn't assume that my children are being naughty just because their noise level is irritating.
  • Love doesn't rejoice when other people's children misbehave and make mine look good.
  • Love is genuinely happy when others are honored by their children.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected With Free Updates

Subscribe via Email