Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Old Songs


As I was surfing youtube the other day. I found this song posted by one of the churches that I was subsribed to. It was originally recorded from North Valley Baptist Church.

I really don't know the name of the singer. But all credits are due and all praise is to our God. I just wish that most churches today will go back to the way it was used to be. The song tells it all. This is the lyrics of the song and you can watch the video HERE. Enjoy!

The church seems awfully different
From when I was a boy
The songs they sing are not the same
As the songs before
The hymn books we use long ago
Seem to disappear
But I thank the Lord for this church
And these hymns we hear

At the cross, at the cross
Where I first saw the light
And the burden of my heart rolled away

Now these new songs talk of heaven
Worship in God's love
But there's nothing sweeter to my ears
Than that fountain filled with blood

Well I guess I'm just old fashioned
Like the songs of old
But there are times I make it through the day
Holding to this hope

Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Near the cross' amazing grace
How I love to tell the story
Because He lives, Jesus saves

Pass me not draw me nearer
To the old rugged cross
These hymns simply remind us
Nothing but the blood can save the lost

O precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow

Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To Thy precious bleeding side

O the blood of Jesus (3x)
Nothing but the blood still saves the lost (2x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected With Free Updates

Subscribe via Email